You know what happens when you have a great director, an amazing story line and totally awesome characters? Yep, I’m talking about a Marvel movie, specifically Cap’s third one that was released last week. Every comic book fan has been waiting for the movie since a long time, more so after we watched the disappointment that was BvS.
Okay, lets not go there. Let me just tell you how bloody amazing this movie is! Please do yourself a favor and go watch it if you haven’t already.
Things I liked about the movie:
- Direction: There are so many small plots shown in the movie that connect with each other at the end to make up the climax. I actually had a “Eureka” moment while in the cinema. The director made sure that the complex parts of the script were shown in a simple, easy to understand way, making sure that the general audience (who haven’t read the comics) knew what was going on.
- Civil War: Yeah, there was a feel of actual ‘war’ not what we saw in BvS. Cap and Tony were against each other but not because of their personal reasons but as a result of different opinions. Eventually though, the story progresses in a way that the entertaining Cap team vs Iron-man team fights turn into heartbreaking and intense fights. Both the parties had legit reason to fight and most importantly, the war did not end on a happy note. It was actually sad and we all know (the ones who’ve watched) that things will never be the same between Cap and Stark.
- Avenger vibe: No, it obviously wasn’t an Avenger movie but we got a vibe of it mainly because the movie features so many of the MVU superheroes. There was a major fight scene in which each hero from Cap team was fighting each hero of Tony’s team and that was by far one of the most entertaining and well-shot fight sequences I’ve scene in a while.
- Black Panther: I didn’t know much about this guy before the movie, but wow he really did blow my mind. Definitely, the highlight of the movie for me. The actor brings so much to the character that I couldn’t decide whether the actor was so bloody awesome or the character. Watch out for this guy, I think I may have a crush on him. 😛
- Tony Stark: What I love about Tony is that he is such a flawed and relate-able character! RDJ as always was perfect in the movie. Team Iron-man all the way!
Things I didn’t like about the movie:
- Captain America: I want to see some development in his character. I like him but he’s such a goody two shoe. It would be nice to know that he has some flaws.
- I have to wait 2 more years for the Black Panther movie!!
Like I said, the movie was amazing and even better than the Winter Soldier.
When it comes to comics-based movies, Marvel knows how to do it!
Overall rating: 4.5/5
Love, love and lots of love,