I’ve been waiting for the ultimate fight between Batman and Superman since around ten years. I liked the movie but I didn’t love it. It was a bit disappointing to be honest.
Batman and Superman are superhero characters all of us love. Their backstories are super interesting and intriguing. We have Batman, who is a gray character with an anti-hero side and on the other hand we have Superman who actually cares about humanity and is too selfless to worry about how the superhero status will affect his personal life. They’re two sides of the same coin. Batman vs Superman had so much potential but there were a few things that made me not love it.
What I didn’t like:
- Jesse Eisenberg is a great actor. But he was totally not suited for the role of Lex Luthor! I actually got annoyed at him when I was watching the movie. It was like his script demanded him to act like a perky and idiotic version of The Joker…
- Wonderwoman: I loved Gal Gadot as Wonderwoman but the fact is that the movie didn’t need her. It would’ve been better if the movie had just focused on the two main heroes instead of introducing a new one to give the audience a glimpse of the upcoming movie. Focus on the current movie! It would’ve saved time and given the two heroes more screen space.
- Doomsday: I know according to the comics he’s supposed to look like that but I just didn’t like it. I prefer the Smallville Doomsday. He seemed real, not like this CGI monster.
- Zach Snyder: I don’t like his direction. I didn’t like it in Man of Steel, I don’t like it in this one. The buildup in the movie is great but that’s just it. The climax was bleh. It just felt like a deflated balloon. The background score and the intense acting implied that something epic would happen but it unfortunately didn’t. Everybody loves a good action scene where the hero is getting his butt kicked but the final fight in this movie was not appealing. Just like Man of Steel, their was a lot of destruction and things were blowing up to the point that I got bored of it.
Things I loved:
- BATFleck: Ben Affleck was perfect. Throughout the movie, not for one second did I think that they had hired a new Batman, he was that good! He was the perfect Batman. Strong, scary, shady, and just downright bad-ass. I am eager to watch his stand-alone Batman movie that’s not directed by Snyder 😀
- Batman/Superman fight: There was this one major Bat vs God fight in the movie and it was AMAZING. I absolutely loved it! This was the kind of thing I was excited for.
- Clark/Lois: I can’t help it. I love Clark and Lois together. I’ve shipped them since Smallville. I love and adore their relationship. This movie is proof why #Clois are meant to be and why they have one of the most popular love stories in all times.
- Ending: No spoiler talk here. But, ending was definitely a bit surprising.
Go and watch the movie guys! If you’re a fan, it wouldn’t matter how unsatisfying some of the aspects of the movie were. I still kind of love the movie. My two most favorite heroes were in a movie together!
Plus, I absolutely adore Henry Cavill. And I find Ben Affleck hot. <3<3<3
Love, love and lots of love